The distinctive low-profile cap combined with a softer, more flexible silicone maximizes patient comfort. The inserter provides greater control and minimizes the potential for accidental release of the plug. Soft Plug® silicone plugs are removable with forceps.
The OASIS Medical Silicone Punctal Plug has a thin head portion designed to remain outside the punctum and rest on the eyelid. The central shaft portion of the plug has a smaller diameter than the head portion and is designed to fit through the punctal opening. The nose portion of the plug has a larger diameter which is designed to fit in the canaliculum in order to retain the plug in the punctum. Silicone punctal plugs are available in two styles: the original punctum plug with a closed nose portion which blocks flow through the punctal opening, and the Flow Control punctal plug with an opening through the nose portion which allows flow through the punctal opening.
- Same silicone punctal plug now with a new choice of inserter
- Comfortably cradles between index and thumb
- Easy press and release plug placement
- More comfortable to the patient
- Less likely to dislocate
- Easier to remove should the need arise
- Multiple sizes
- Sterile, preloaded in 2-pack box