Another tool to help make your complex cases more routine : MST brings you the MST Capsule Retractors. For intraoperative management of weakened or compromised zonules the MST Capsule Retractors stabilize the capsular bag during the cataract procedure.
Inserted similar to iris hooks, the four capsule retractors act like artificial zonules once in place. The MST Capsule Retractors provide you the benefits of:
- Better stability. Where iris hooks would only pull on the capsulorhexis margin, the MST Capsule Retractors have extended posterior tabs that are designed to reach the equator of the bag and provide you ultimate support.
- Gentle Contact. The MST Capsule Retractors feature a loop at the distal end of the posterior tab. This minimizes the risk of puncturing the capsule by providing you with a broad area of contact, rather than all the tension being focalized to one point.
- Ease of insertion. The double banded nylon design of MST Capsule Retractors are designed to provide lateral stability to further ease placement.
David Chang, MD. wanted to reduce the rare chance of a CTR becoming threaded through the open loop of our MST Capsule Retractors and worked with MST to modify the design to accomplish that. Dr. Chang’s new design closed the loop on the posterior tab of the device, so that there is still a broad point of contact on the capsule yet the risk of entanglement with a CTR is minimized. The MST Capsule Retractors, Chang Modification provide you the following benefits:
- Plays nice with others. Closing down the loop on the posterior side of the device minimizes the risk of a CTR becoming entangled. They still provide broad contact on the capsule and are actually even easier to insert than before.
- Adjusted angles. The MST Capsule Retractors, Chang Modification feature unique geometry allowing the posterior side of the retractor to sit parallel to the iris plane during retraction and not to pull toward the incision.
Recommended incision size: 0.8mm or larger
Use: Single Use